Tests for managers – personality & mental capability
Several studies have established that managers differ from the general population by a specific personality profile (Sangster, 2011) and that successful performance in more complicated tasks requires a higher level of mental abilities (Schmidt & Hunter, 2004).
The managers’ tests developed by Tripod are intended specifically for assessing managers. The results are generated in comparison with successful managers in the Baltic States. The tests are also suitable for assessing managerial potential in candidates who have no previous experience as a manager.
The Managers’ Personality Inventory measures five essential characteristics (emotional stability, general activity, relationship orientation, activity orientation, and general responsiveness) as well as ten other traits that are important for managers based on studies.
The Managers’ Mental Ability Scale measures comprehension of verbal and numerical information, logical and spatial thinking as well as the general mental abilities.
 Sangster, A. (2011). The personality profile of US top executives. Chapter in the The Handbook of Research on Top Management Teams. Ed. M. Carpenter. Edward Elgar Publishing.
 Schmidt, F.L. & Hunter, J. (2004). General Mental Ability in the World of Work: Occupational Attainment and Job Performance. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 86, 162–173.
In the assessment process we’ll:
- learn about you and your needs;
- pick the most appropriate measures;
- contact the candidates and guide them through tests;
- give each test taker an overview of their individual results;
- discuss with you as the customer the strengths and risks related to each participant.
Our measures will benefit you if you need:
- to assess the candidates for your vacancy;
- to assess your own employees to make some changes;
- to select people for a talent or management programme, for example;
- to explore the management potential of your existing employees for potential promotion;
- to help people identify their strengths, abilities and talents.
We also conduct structured interviews to find out people’s motivation, career interests and values.